Internet being the primary source of Online Business and Marketing, every business tries to develop its on website. For this they look for a Robust and Reliable platform and Website developers. To address this challenge, Manual Testing Process which Invests lot of its time in Retesting Application under Test rather Testing new features, automating the Test Process Becomes Critical.
In this course with Selenium Webdriver and Robot Framework we can help you to Understand basic Framework Development along with excellent reporting and integration with Continous Integration tools like JENKINS.
Course Duration –
Total 20-25 Hrs Session.
Timings – Mon-Fri, One Hour in Morning 7.00 am to 8.00 am IST
S/w and H/w Pre-requisites –
- Macbook/Windows Machine with Internet
- Python 2.7.10+ (Windows MSI or Click For Other OS).
- Zoom Meeting (To Take the Course Online)
Who can take up the course –
- Manual Testers with no programming background
- Test Engineers who would like to Develop Test Automation Framework for their Projects.
- Managers who would like to develop ROBUST and RELIABLE Framework for long runs
- Devops Candidates who would like to see How Continuous Integration Tools play role for End to End Framework Development.
What will you understand after the course –
- Understand Selenium Webdriver and Concepts
- Selenium IDE and its significance
- Basics of Python
- Robot Framework and Writing Scripts using it
- Using Robot Framework write Selenium Related Scripts in Framework Pattern.
- Integrate our Automation Framework Development with Continous Integration tools like Jenkins and See Interactive Test Reports.
Course Content –
Course will be mostly focused on Learning Selenium Webdriver Concepts and leverage the Framework Development using Robot Framework.
Should have general Idea of Locator Strategies of Selenium, which still we will cover as part of the course.
CHAPTER 1 : INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION
- Introduction and Significance of Robot Framework
- Installation with Python, PIP utility. Installing Robot Framework libraries.
- Eclipse, Robot Framework Plugin
CHAPTER 2 : SAMPLE SCRIPT
- Pybot Concept, Script file extensions (.txt or .robot). Reports and Logs of the test runs. Settings, Testcases, Variables
- Parameterized Keywords
CHAPTER 3 : INTEGRATION OF PYTHON
- Creating Python scripts and calling them into Robot Framework.
CHAPTER 4 : STANDARD LIBRARIES AND DATA STRUCTURES
- Standard Libraries – Builtin, Assertions
- List, Dictionaries using Collections Library
CHAPTER 5 :CONDITIONAL FLOW
- If Else
- For Loop
CHAPTER 6 :EXTERNAL LIBRARIES (SELENIUM LIBRARY)
- Selenium2Library, Launch Browser
- Locator Using Methods in Robot Framework.
- Page Object Model.
CHAPTER 7:DATA DRIVEN AND KEYWORD DRIVEN FRAMEWORK
- Using XML or JSON file to read Test data, Using keyword methods as utilities.
- Parameterized pybot command
CHAPTER 8 :SETUP AND TEARDOWN
- Suite and Tests Setup and Teardown
CHAPTER 9 :TAGGING STRATEGY
- Tagging Strategies for group the Test Suites and execute them in serial Manner.
CHAPTER 10 :REPORTING STRATEGIES
- Generating Customized reports. Report Title, suite level.
- Rebot Library to merge reports of multiple runs.
CHAPTER 11 :CONTINUOUS INTEGRATION
- Integration of Robot runs using Jenkins. Jenkins Plugin for Robot Framework.
CHAPTER 12 :PARALLEL TEST EXECUTION
- Using Pabot utility and Selenium Grid to execute multiple tests in parallel